Thursday, October 26, 2006

Africa Landscape

You might be wondering what Mali actually looks like. Before coming here, I imagined Mali to be straight up desert. I think it's just that up north (in Timbuktu and Gao, for example), but here are some pics around where I've lived and where I'm currently living...
Banankoro (my homestay village) -- looking out from my language professers' house
Banankoro again

I took this pic while biking from Banankoro to Seynou (a town about 10k north of Banankoro). This is what a lot of Mali looks like...very pretty!

Sunset over the Niger River in Segou

Another couche de soleil sur le Niger...I get to witness this every day for the next two years!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kath,

I sent this to Louie! He thought it was great, but he did say that it might change . . . :)

Love ya! ~Di

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL! I love your pictures. I sent you a package about a month ago (late September) and I hope it arrives soon.

BTW, Abby had her puppies today. 7 healthy ones!

I miss you!

Love, Cindy

Anonymous said...

Looks beautiful there Kat! Miss you!